Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition - Free Next Day Shipping
Dragon Medical Practice Edition
Free Next Day Air Shipping
Medical Practice Edition!
The latest member of the Dragon Medical family, it’s designed and priced
especially for smaller practices to help clinicians accelerate adoption of their
chosen EHR. Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition ensures clinicians document
care more completely and “in their own words.” Clinicians using Dragon Medical
solutions have experienced substantially greater satisfaction than clinicians
who use the EHR without Dragon Medical.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps
clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician
assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and
dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s
electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less.
- 15% more accurate than pervious Dragon
- Dictate faster and more accurately than
- Dramatically reduces transcription
- Increase practice profitability
- Profile Creation Wizard: Creating
profiles is now faster and simpler.
• Recognition accuracy. Turns your voice into text with up to 99%
accuracy. Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 15% more accurate out of the box
than Dragon Medical 10.
• Smart configuration. Dragon Medical Practice Edition runs on a variety
of hardware, from small netbooks to high-powered servers. The software
automatically detects hardware resources and sets up the recommended
configuration. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage
of advances in hardware and runs in multiple-threads automatically when
multi-core hardware is detected, to achieve better recognition performance.
• Recognition analytics. A percentage of misrecognitions can be caused by
simple audio quality issues such as incorrect microphone connection or
placement, background noise, and microphone out of range or low on battery.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition automatically detects poor audio input; it then
alerts the user (in various ways depending on the issue), offering advice to
remedy the situation. This lets Dragon Medical Practice Edition use the best
audio possible—an important factor for accuracy.
• Recognition speed. Dragon Medical Practice Edition significantly
improves recognition response time. The software is also faster than previous
editions when selecting application menu items by voice, or executing voice
commands that perform actions within applications (e.g., “insert page break,”
“make that red,” etc.).
• Accuracy tuning. Ability to analyze
selected documents and email; includes Nothing But Speech filter to
automatically eliminate “um”/“ah” utterances, filtering out unwanted speech
noise that previously lowered accuracy.
• Smart corrections. In the past, corrections entered using the keyboard
were not incorporated into the user profile. Now when a user dictates something
and retypes it to correct a misrecognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition
identifies this as a correction and uses it to adapt the user’s profile,
improving the software’s accuracy over time.
• New Dragon Sidebar. A major enhancement over Dragon Medical 10’s Sample
Commands window, this new desktop assistant allows users to discover and
remember many commands and tips; at any time, it lets you glance at, or explore,
global commands (including mouse commands), application-specific commands and
custom-created commands, as well as tips. Its contents change depending on what
window is currently active.
In addition, the Sidebar lets users print its content.
(Note: This feature can be viewed by selecting from the Help menu.)
• Profile creation wizard. User profile creation has been redesigned to
be simple and conversational. The process now offers information about why each
step is needed and helps users make optimal choices. Setting up a microphone or
new audio source is more clear and straightforward.
• Help System and tutorials. The Help system incorporates new tips and
illustrations, a redesigned Tutorial, short videos, and easy access to related
details such as a glossary of key terms.
• Navigating the computer desktop. Dragon Medical Practice Edition now
supports more voice commands to show common Windows elements, including the
desktop and Control Panel, or folders such as My Documents and My Pictures. New
commands enable users to effortlessly switch to a specific window (Dragon
Medical displays a numbered list so the user can just say the number of the
desired window.) In addition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition allows shorter
names for starting popular applications (e.g., “start Microsoft Word” instead of
“start Microsoft Office Word 2007”).
• Improved playback. Smoother fast-forward and rewind behaviors are now
available and users now have options to control speed and volume.
• Initial training time reduced for digital recording devices. Creating a
new user profile for a digital recorder, or adding a digital recorder as a new
audio source for an existing user profile, is now much faster: the minimum
reading time required to train Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a recorder
has been reduced from 15 to 4 minutes. That means clinicians can spend more time
providing patient care.
• Ability to use .DSS and .DS2 files. Dragon Medical Practice Edition can
now accept .dss and .ds2 formats directly. Files recorded using these digital
speech recording formats (found on recorders from Olympus®, Grundig®, and
Philips®) previously required conversion prior to transcription.
• Enhanced profile-opening user dialog. Dragon Medical Practice Edition
displays profiles in a tree structure for faster access to multiple profiles.
Kit Include :
- Dragon Medical Physician Practice Edition
- Noise Canceling Microphone
- Quick Start Guide